The China CCC certificate is a document issued to suppliers whose products are licensed to use the CCC mark.
This article gives an introduction to the use of this mark, which is commonly seen on products in both China and overseas, how and why the certificate is issued, and by whom.
Compulsory for many products in China, the CCC mark is not only applicable to Chinese manufacturers, but also to overseas companies wishing to export to China.
What is a China CCC Certificate?
The abbreviation CCC stands for “China Compulsory Certification” and the CCC mark looks like this:
The China CCC certificate is a document issued to companies which hold a license to display this logo on their certified products.
The certificate is typically prepared on a standard template with a blue background and comes in two languages – Chinese and English.
Below is an example of a typical China CCC certificate:
What Information is Contained in a China CCC Certificate?
A China CCC certificate contains the following details:
- The CCC logo
- China CCC certificate number
- The name and address of the applicant, the manufacturer and the factory
- Details of the product or products covered by the certificate
- The applicable standard or standards the product(s) conforms to
- The issue and expiry dates of the certificate
- The name, address, website, logo and stamp of the certification company, plus the signature of their representative
Who Issues a China CCC Certificate?
The China CCC certificate can be issued by certification bodies accredited by CNCA (the Certification and Accreditation Administration). At the time of preparing this article there were 22 such accredited bodies.
Different certification bodies are accredited for certifying different types of products.
The certification body issuing the most amount of certificates is CQC (the China Quality Certification Center) and they are also accredited for the broadest scope. It is very common to see their certificates.
Other accredited CCC certification bodies tend to be more industry-specific, such as the CCCAP (China Certification Centre For Automotive Products) and CCCF (China Certification Center for Fire Products).
More information about CCC certification can be viewed on the official CCC website.
Who Uses the China CCC Certificate?
The China CCC certificate is required for many different products both made in China and imported from overseas. Manufacturers and importers require the certificate to sell their products in mainland China.
A good example of a company which uses the CCC mark is Apple. As you can see from the image below, iPhones sold in Mainland China display the CCC mark.
Which Products Require a China CCC Certificate?
The scope of products subject to compulsory certification includes items covered under the following 20 categories:
- Electrical wires and cables
- Circuit switches, electric devices for protection or connection
- Low-voltage Electrical Apparatus
- Low power motors
- Electric tools
- Welding machines
- Household and similar electrical appliances
- Audio and video apparatus (not including the audio apparatus for broadcasting service and automobiles)
- Information technology equipment
- Lighting apparatus (not including the lighting apparatus with the voltage lower than 36V)
- Motor vehicles and safety accessories
- Motor vehicle Tires
- Safety Glasses
- Agricultural Machinery
- Telecommunication Terminal Products
- Fire Fighting Equipment
- Safety Protection Products
- Wireless LAN products
- Decoration Materials
Similar to the commonly-seen CE certification mark used in Europe, the purpose of the China CCC certification is to ensure the compliance of these important products to their relevant Chinese product standards.
The program aims to protect consumers’ personal safety and national security and to enhance product quality management.
How to Verify a China CCC Certificate?
Verifying whether the details on a China CCC certificate are consistent with official records is an important task to ensure that an organization and/or a product is genuinely certified to use the CCC mark.
The CCC accreditation body CNCA provides an online database where checks can be carried out, but you may find that their service, although in English, is quite difficult to use.
For a more effective and efficient service, China Checkup offers certificate verification service for a China CCC Certificate. Focus on more important tasks and let the experts manage this key verification.